1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 28, 2018 4:11 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Alteryx Web Data Connector for Tableau Tool (Tableau Server) Error

Akmal Marikar

I've been attempting to implement the Alteryx Web Data Connector for Tableau Tool and integrate it with Tableau server but I am running into an issue.

I followed the instructions laid out here for using the tool and allowing extract refreshes on tableau server through an Alteryx gallery. I imported the tool into tableau server and attempted to connect to the data source using the Tableau Server URL for the imported WDC.

In Tableau Desktop when I attempt to add the web data connection it lets me connect to the gallery using the gallery URL, Key and Secret, and allows me to choose my alteryx app, but once I click connect I get this error:

EvalError: Refused to evaluate a string as JavaScript because 'unsafe-eval' is not an allowed source of script in the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src *". file: http://reporting02/webdataconnectors/babel-core-5.8.23.min.js line: 4

I was successful when using the WDC tool when extracting and refreshing data through desktop alone using the instructions for desktop (without having to import the WDC tool), but I need to deploy the workbooks in server.

To reiterate these were the steps I followed:

1. Imported the tableau folder for the alteryx gallery using tabadmin commands into the server environment

2. Got URL that connects to the WDC tool on tableau server

3. On Tableau desktop opened a new data connection to Web Data Connector and entered the URL

4. Entered Alteryx gallery URL, Key and Secret into the connector window

5. Selected my Alteryx App (which brought up my test text input I built into the app)

6. Hit Connect

7. Error!

I have no idea where to go from here about fixing this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.