3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2018 11:27 AM by Wesley Magee

Color formatting by Dimension

Ce Lin

I have a sheet of data with sales and order volume differences for different users. I'd want to the neg diff values red if they are negative, but leave the sales and order values black. Is there a way to do this? Essentially have color formatting only apply to one pane/dimension?

Is there a way to do this?

• 1. Re: Color formatting by Dimension
          Wesley Magee

In order to get the affect you're looking for you can try the following:

1. Place [Measure Values] onto the Color Marks card
          2. Right click the [Measure Values] pill you just placed and select "Use Separate Legends"

That should do it. Let me know if you're looking for a different result.

-Wesley

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Color formatting by Dimension
            Ce Lin

That solves most of my question. The part I'm still confused about is how I could potentially keep one column as the standard black text and just color one measure. Can you help with that?

• 3. Re: Color formatting by Dimension
              Wesley Magee

Now that you have separate color legends for each measure, you can set the color for the measures you want to keep black by editing each one. For example, [Orders] might look like this as a custom diverging:

1 of 1 people found this helpful