1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 29, 2018 12:12 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Get churn of users

Amir Hadi

Hi,

I am completely new to Tableau and trying to evaluate it, because we need a solution to easily explore our data and visualize some KPIs of our app in dashboards.

Our users can install our app to share the computing power with us. A user that is not active anymore after X weeks is considered as lost / disconnected.

The related data model is something like the following:

download.png

A user can have n computers and each computer can have up to n records with statistics about the computers speed.

For our business I would consider a user as churned when his computers isn't reporting any new stats for X weeks (lets say 2 weeks).

How would you visualize this? Would you do a bar chart where you see how many users reach a specific week of usage? How can I do this in Tableau? I'd like to see how many of our users stay active for a specific period of time.

(Sorry for not attaching a workbook, because the dataset is so large, I didn't manage to filter out critical data and publish it here. Is there a function for this in Tableau, too?)