4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2018 4:44 PM by Bill Lyons

show multiple columns under sub columns

Cindy Goede

I would like to show two separate columns under each cohort column like as follows 

In the attached workbook, it looks like this

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• 1. Re: show multiple columns under sub columns
          Bill Lyons

Like Sheet 50 (2) in the attached version?

• 3. Re: show multiple columns under sub columns
            Cindy Goede

awesome.

How did you do that?

I see you moved Measure Names to columns, then ... what

• 4. Re: show multiple columns under sub columns
              Bill Lyons

First, I removed all of your pills from the detail shelf and filter shelf, so I had a blank slate, except for your rows and columns pills.

Then, I tried a few things that didn't work. Usually, if you drag more than one measure onto the canvas, it automatically switches to measure names/measure values mode. In your situation, it put one of them on text and the other on color, which I didn't expect. I'm guessing that is because you had put that item on color before, so it defaulted to that.

That caused me to use the manual method for measure names/measure values:

1. Drag Measure Values onto Text
              2. Drag Measure Names onto Columns, after Number In Cohort
              3. That gets very close, but the Sem% is summed, which you don't want. Since ATTR(Sem%) worked for you before, you have several solutions that all work the same by changing the Sum(Sem%) pill to:
                1. Attribute
                2. Min(Sem%)
                3. Max(Sem%)
                4. Median(Sem%)
                5. Average(Sem%)

(The secret to the last step is that ATTR() compares the min and max values, and if they are equal, displays the value. If not, it displays *. If the min and max are equal, then all the values are the same, so min, max, average and median are all the same values.)

I hope that helps!

Oh, and I forgot to say a big THANK YOU for including a sample packaged workbook! It made it much easier to help you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful