1.Status(Active/Dropped)

2. Gender

3. Date

4. id

I have dropped:

- date on columns

- Status and Gender on Rows

- Count(Id) on Text

It worked good so far.... but now I want to achieve what I have shown in red text in the attached image. e.g. I want to calculate what %age of active females are there in each time period

referring to attached image....

e.g. In Q4 2015 total females were 343+1000 = 1343, So under Q4 2015 Dropped %age should be calculated as   (1000/1343)*100)) = 74.5%  and so on....

Kindly assist step by step. Thanks a lot

Regards,

RF

• 1. Re: Calculate %age of total
          Wesley Magee

Raheel,

It looks like all you need to do is drop in a table calculation for percent of total on the Count(ID) and then have it Compute Using DroppedStatus.

First, right-click COUNTD(ID) and select Quick Table Calculation > Percent of Total.

Then right-click on it again and select Compute Using > Dropped Status.

Lastly, grab COUNT(ID) from your Measure/Dimensions and place it on the Text Marks card. Click on the Text Marks card to reformat as needed.

I'm attaching a workbook as an example. Let me know if it still doesn't give you what you're looking for.

-Wesley

• 2. Re: Calculate %age of total
            Wesley Magee

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.