3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2018 11:24 AM by Deepak Rai

Why can't I export a grouped dimension to csv?

Deepti Pradhan

Hello - I created a group from a dimension, and would like to export data from a worksheet which would include this group information. But I'm unable to do that even though I select "Show all fields" in the "View Data" option. Am I doing something wrong, or is this feature not available (I suspect it's the former!)? I'm using Tableau desktop 9.2

Any help will be appreciated. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I'm trying, and what I would like to be able to see.

Thanks,

Deepti

• 1. Re: Why can't I export a grouped dimension to csv?
          Deepak Rai

Not sure on this, but you can create another column to make categories for your groups and it would be exported

• 2. Re: Why can't I export a grouped dimension to csv?
            Deepti Pradhan

I'm confused!

Maybe I wasn't clear in the first place. I have a dimension called "Occupation code"; there are 24 other dimensions (and 8 measures).

I created groups out of this and the field is now called "Occupation Category".

The worksheet is setup like this: Occupation code|Occupation Category|Number of records.

I would like to select an occupation code, and export all the underlying data (in the example I shared, there are 79 records in that code, and I would like to export all 24 original dimensions, plus the group I created etc.

Thanks,

Deepti

• 3. Re: Why can't I export a grouped dimension to csv?
              Deepak Rai

So what I see from your Screenshot  That you want OCCUPATION CATEGORY  which u say is a group to Show. Right? So what I suggested is that from that visual that you have Govt as values in that group and then you might be having others, so I was suggesting to create another Calc to get similar values as are in your group and export, if the group itself is not exporting, for which I have no idea , why it is not exporting.

Thanks

Deepak