4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2018 1:07 PM by Brian Boddy

Filtering Issue

Brian Boddy

Hi All - could someone give me a little help w/this?

I've built the attached heatmap Dashboard.  When I adjust the "Date Range" filter, the "Quotes by Customer" and "Average Margin" sliders do not adjust to reflect the new date range.

Does anyone know how I make those filters dynamic w/the adjustment of the "Date Range"

Thanks for all the help!

Brian.

• 1. Re: Filtering Issue
          Shinichiro Murakami

Hi Brain,

Could you please attach packaged workbook(**.twbx) with mocked up data?

Thanks,

Shin

• 2. Re: Filtering Issue
            Brian Boddy

Sorry - what I mean is I don't even have access to the data or the workbook.  This is actually something one of our VP's is working on and has asked me to try and find an answer.

• 3. Re: Filtering Issue
              Jim Dehner

Hi Brian

I agree with Shin - had to tell without seeing the workbook but it is pretty clear you are between a rock and a hard spot.

so if the VP will share the book then fine - if not there are some things you can check

you have 3 sliders filters that are on a separate worksheet - go to that sheet and follow the path below

Second he could be using an Dashboard action or several

Go to the dashboard and follow the path below

for each action - open it with edit and make sure it is going from the "filter sheet on the db" to the appropriate worksheet(s)

I think with sliders the action is on MENU but you will need to check

Good luck

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 4. Re: Filtering Issue
                Brian Boddy

Thanks!

Brian K. Boddy

SGI, LLC

Analytics

Brianb@storygroup.net<mailto:Brianb@storygroup.net>