I don't have a solution but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. Everything I've tried so far results in the same error - including publishing extracts separately, reconnecting to the source, attempting to republish the workbook and data source, etc.
Please let me know if you make any progress!
Thanks Rachel. That's good to know!
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Just an update on this - Tableau support got back to us with the following :
"So we have confirmed that this issue can be resolved by
installing the GlobalSign R2 certificate on the Tableau Server host.
The certificate can be downloaded from the following
This did resolve our issue - we suspect that some changes were made (by Google perhaps) which meant they changed the certificates they were authenticating against as there had been no changes on our side at all.
Google do occasionally make changes in this area which break the sheets connector in Tableau - in production environments it's often worth building a simple ETL process that takes the data directly from a URL share link, and stages / extract that data locally (Python > SQL or flat file, etc). Whilst it involves more moving parts it can be more reliable.
Thanks Jim. In this instance we're trying to leverage 'out of the box' capabilities without the need for our Dev team to be involved in an ETL process (requires resources that are engaged elsewhere, so delays delivery). Now this has happened, we'll be looking for it in the event we get something similar again.