1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2018 8:06 PM by swaroop.gantela

Help with comparing pre and post survey data in a worksheet

Julia Harrigan

Hello,

I am working on a project to compare pre and post survey data for a set of users. My problem is that far more users have taken the pre survey than the post survey, and I only want to compare answers for those users who have taken both surveys. Each user has a User ID that is consistent across both surveys. The survey answers are being pulled from the same SQL table and column - for example, the first question in the pre-survey is Question ID 5, and the first question in the post survey is Question ID 55. I am using the question ID to filter out which question to display for each workbook. I have one workbook for the presurvey response, and one for the post survey response, and then I will combine the results in a dashboard.

What would be the best way to build a filter or calculation that will filter out users from the pre survey who have not completed the post survey?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Help with comparing pre and post survey data in a worksheet
          swaroop.gantela

Julie,

Not sure if this quite got there, but maybe it can give ideas.

Attached in the Forum Thread is a mock dataset.

Would be grateful if you would adjust it to more match yours

Wasn't sure how Users only taking Pre showed up in your table:

if they didn't have any rows for Post questions, or if they had a null response.

Regardless, I think this should help discriminate:

Return the QuestionID if the response if not null [Answered Question]:

IF NOT(ISNULL([Response])) THEN [Question ID] END

Then count those returned Question IDs:

{ FIXED [User ID]:COUNT([Answered Question])}

Then the filter is (in this example should have 10 total questions 5Pre + 5Post):

[Count Questions Answered]=10