3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2018 6:35 AM by Jim Dehner

Comparing performance based on Partner change

Borislav Zlatkov

Hello,

I am working for a SaaS vendor and I would like to analyse our partners' performance in a given quarter following this logic:

• each partner (think distributor/reseller) starts the quarter with a batch of deals that are about to expire;
      • throughout the quarter the end user may opt to change partner;
      • thus, if the existing (= initial) partner remains the same (= new), then there's been no change and this is reflected in the [Incumbent] calculated field in the attached workbook.

However, a partner may change and this will result in either a win or a loss to the existing partner. So, what I am hoping to achieve is this:

• have a selector to choose a partner entity (ideally something independent from either the Existing or the New Partner fields);
      • if the [Existing Partner] = "Selected Partner" AND [New Partner] <> "Selected Partner" THEN 'LOST'
      • conversely, if [Existing Partner] <> 'Selected Partner' and [New Partner] = "Selected Partner" THEN 'WON'

In Excel this is pretty easily accomplishable with a SUMIFS formula, but I can't figure out how to perform this comparison in Tableau. Would you be willing to help me out, please?

Thank you!