1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 15, 2018 9:46 AM by patrick.byrne.0

Problems with Cloudera Impala driver

Gary Dzurny

I have been encountering issues with adding a new data source based on Cloudera Hadoop to Tableau Desktop v10.5.0 running on Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

I have downloaded and installed each of the following versions of the Cloudera Impala 64bit odbc drivers:  2.5.41, 2.5.41, 2.5.39, 2.5.36.0030 & 2.5.36.

I was able to configure and successfully test each of these drivers within the ODBC Data Source Administrator except for version 2.5.36 which actually caused problems within the administration tool.

After configuring and testing the driver, I try to add an new Cloudera Hadoop data source of type Impala leveraging Kerberos authentication and receive the following error:

[Cloudera][ImpalaODBC](100)Error form the Impala Thrift API: Could not resolve host for client socket.

Unable to connect to the server "xxxxx".  Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

I use the same configuration values which test successfully in the ODBC Data Source Administrator tool.

Any help would be appreciated