2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2018 5:51 AM by Jim Dehner

How to toggle between parameters?

vikas chowdary

I have a created a Monthly, weekly and daily report based on for parameters. I have created a parameter "Select view" to select view which helps me in selecting monthly, weekly and daily  report. I have created three more parameters to select "number of months" , "number of weeks" and "number of days" report to view. Report is working fine according to selected view, but the issue is if I select view as monthly  and in monthly parameter I gave 4 to have view four months view, and after that if I wanted to view weekly report for last 5 weeks and I selected view as "weekly" and fed 5 to "number of weeks" and it is displaying last 5 weeks report but 4 in " number of months" parameter remains the same. Is there a way to make "number of months" parameter to  zero automatically  and vice-versa.

In short when I select Monthly view and feed number to "number of months" other parameters i.e "number of weeks" and "number of days" has to appear as zero.

Note: Name of parameters are underlined.

Thanks in Advance

• 1. Re: How to toggle between parameters?
          Jyothisree Rayagiri

I do not think we can change the parameter to 0 - but why have 3 different parameters for diff timeperiod - can you not use only one parameter ?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to toggle between parameters?
            Jim Dehner

Good morning

Parameters are ways for the user to manually input values into Tableau - once set the value remains the same until manually reset - so you need to look for a different way - could you use a Case statement or IF statement to change the value based on based on the value  in your month/week parameter

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful