1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 30, 2018 5:39 AM by Zhouyi Zhang

How to use percent of total and hide one of the value of dimensions which you don't want to show

anoosha shetty

Hi ALL ,

I have a scenario , where the users want to see something like below : -  which is just a trend against how much  percentage of customers are new in domestic and how much percentage of customers are new in international

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 12.43.13 AM.png

I got. a below view in tableau  , what I did is to pull both the dimensions i.e (domestic/intl and new/existing) in my rows and see the sum (transactions) ( sum using "Percent of total ") pane " down "

and got a line chart as  below :

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 6.13.14 PM.png

Where as my actual requirement is to have only "NEW" customers shown in the above chart , in order to obtain that if I put a filter on "NEW Existing" column then I get a chart which looks like  what is there in attachment .

Which as you can see is  wrong , as it is showing 100% for new customers , which I understand why , as am using "Percentile of total " as "table down" , when I exclude "Existing " and "missing" , it is considering all are new customers .

But how do I deal with this situation ?

Is there a way to hide / not show the existing and missing , but show only new customers , without effecting the calculation .

I know we can hide existing and missing values in desktop , but I cant see that feature in web server . is there any other workaround ?

Thanks,

Anoosha