1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 26, 2018 12:41 AM by Norbert Maijoor

Excel Conditional Formatting

Kyle Boyce

Good Morning everyone,

I need to conditionally format my cells for tracking customer on time performance. I need help figuring out how to do this in excel. Anybody?

My idea is to provide this solution, eventually, into a macro in excel before uploading to Tableau or maybe it won't even have to go into Tableau eventually. Just trying to plan things out.

Thanks anybody/everybody for the help

• 1. Re: Excel Conditional Formatting
          Norbert Maijoor

Hi Kyle,

Find my approach as reference below and stored in attached workbook version 10.3 located in the original thread.

1. D1. Color Indicator:

if [Actual Pickup]>[Scheduled Pickup] and isnull([Actual Delivery])=true then "left pickup late"

elseif [Actual Pickup]<=[Scheduled Pickup] and isnull([Actual Delivery])=true then "left pickup on time and tracking good to delivery"

elseif [Actual Delivery]>[Scheduled Delivery] and isnull([Actual Delivery])=false then "delivered late"

elseif [Actual Delivery]<=[Scheduled Delivery] and isnull([Actual Delivery])=false then "delivered on time"

elseif (isnull([Actual Pickup])=true or isnull([Actual Delivery])=true) and [Scheduled Pickup]>today()  then "no updates and scheduled pickup" end

2. My approach is based on "Individual formatting" and is explained here

Regards,

Norbert

1 of 1 people found this helpful