2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2018 2:24 PM by Yeheyies Tekleselassie

Average Line

Yeheyies Tekleselassie

Hello,

The average of (see 1) of individual checklist is 95%. (I used the Average Line). However (see 2)- when I remove the checklist 2017 (see image to the right)  from the column  then I get a 93% average. Why there are two different average percentage? Please help

• 1. Re: Average Line
          Wilson Po

Hi Yeheyies,

Average reference lines work by averaging the values of the marks on your view - if your bar chart has a 10 bars, it is the simple average of those 10 values; if the bar chart has 1 bar, it is the simple average of that 1 value (which tends to be the same value).  The idea is that these reference lines are responsive to the view, but they do depend highly on the level of detail/granularity used in the view. 

It looks like #2 is a average checklist % of responses, whereas #1 is a total % of responses.  The difference might suggest the difference between the overall response rate vs how well the user completed each question with the the survey.

Reference Lines, Bands, Distributions, and Boxes

• 2. Re: Average Line
            Yeheyies Tekleselassie

Thank you so much, Wilson.  Is there any calculation that I can use to reflect the average as one value (the average of all the 10 values)?