6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2018 11:19 AM by pavan mojala

Tableau on I-pad

suvas.chandra

What do we need to do to access Tableau Dashboard from iPad/Tablet from development and server perspective ?

• 1. Re: Tableau on I-pad

Hi Suvas,

You would need to publish your workbooks to Server/Online/Public in order to see your viz on tablets/iPads.

You can use the mobile app if you want, but it is not necessary.

Are you having an issue with your tablet and Tableau?

Could the Device Designer help you?

Once you publish the report to Tableau Server, it is immediately available for browsing on the iPad - you don't have to do anything "special".

----------

Lénaïc RIÉDINGER, Global Community Engineer Tableau

Tableau Community Forums | Knowledge Base

If you see a Helpful or Correct response, please mark it thanks to the buttons below the targeted post!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tableau on I-pad
            suvas.chandra

Does it require to develop differently using device designer ? I want to use the same Dashboard both in I-Pad and in desktop browser. How about Vertical and Horizontal  ? What things need to be considered while developing ?

• 3. Re: Tableau on I-pad
              suvas.chandra

Can we not access the existing dashboards in i-Pad without any problem which are published in the server ?

• 4. Re: Tableau on I-pad

No it doesn't need any further development. You can just place things differently for your other device.

When you choose the device in this tool, you will layout exactly how you want it to be. This is just a drag and drop feature + clicks to set it up.

Vertical/Horizontal → Device Designer and/or Tableau mobile

You can access the dashboard from your i-pad, without the need of Device Designer, it all depends how your dashboard is set up.

Would you be able to share your workbook?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Tableau on I-pad
                  suvas.chandra

I don't have any specific workbook in mind.  In general, I am asking.

Every dashboard is set up differently. In what circumstance, I don't need device designer ?

• 6. Re: Tableau on I-pad
                    pavan mojala

Go to the device preview on the dashboard and change it according to your need. It applies for all the dashboards. It depends on which device the targeted user is using so that you can save the dashboard in that format and publish it to the sever.