1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 1:54 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Action Menu Filter not showing in worksheet

Raul Ramirez

Hi

I've define several action filter (option menu). It is working in Tableau Desktop.

Products_filter_Desktop_ok.jpg

Reset_filter_desktop_actionmenu_ok.jpg

I have published it in Tableau OnLine with this configuration (show sheets as tabs and role Editor) :

Config.jpg

and only it is working one filter, this one:

Reset_filter_OnLine_actionmenu_ok.jpg

But this worksheet is not working, the action menu filter is not showing\working. Please I need help

Products_filter_OnLine_NOT_OK.jpg

I don't understand how is working for Tableau desktop and not for OnLine. In Tableau online Works for the left filter but not for rigth filter (it is a worksheet)

Please, what is it happening?

notworking.jpg

Regards

• 1. Re: Action Menu Filter not showing in worksheet
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Raul,

For this case, it appears that the information and workbook may be confidential.  Please create a ticket with Tableau Support to engage with one of our engineers to assist if it is too difficult to create a sample workbook to share with the community.  It is very challenging to determine the issues of action filters without being able to examine the workbook and the current setup. 

One thought though..  Often when I come across a particularly challenging action filter issue, I'll turn to a sheet selector option.  Sheet Selection on Steroids – VizPainter  is a great resource for more advanced ways to configure something like this.   Joshua Milligan has documented his sample workbook that is attached to that page so you can download and open it while following along with the configurations he has used. 

For assistance creating a sample workbook, please see Anonymize your Tableau Package Data for Sharing

Thank you,

Patrick