2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2018 5:14 AM by Kevin Higgs

Published Viz Missing Columns

Kevin Higgs

Hi,

I am using Tableau Public 10.5 (had same issue with 10.4) on Mac using High Sierra 10.13.   Wondering if anyone can help, I have two very similar dashboards on my Viz, one is showing all the columns, the other one cuts off after the 2nd column.  I can see no difference in the settings for the two dashboards, both are floating with the same dimensions in layout.  I tried recreating the offending dashboard from scratch but got the same results, any suggestions.  Images below (1st image is what I want, 2nd image is missing 3 more columns and the Date Filter is cut-off);

Obviously the 2nd filter displays just fine in Tableau Public, issue is with the published Viz

Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 09.40.32.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 09.40.52.png

• 1. Re: Published Viz Missing Columns
          patrick.byrne.0

Hello Kevin,

I think I might be missing something that is causing the unexpected behavior. But you are saying this happens to a published Viz, but not when it is on Tableau Public. I am curious if you could attach a sample packaged workbook (.twbx) to the post so that I can attempt to recreate the unexpected rendering behavior.

I am curious if this happens in Tableau Server as well.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Byrne, Patrick

• 2. Re: Published Viz Missing Columns
            Kevin Higgs

Hi Patrick,

Apologies for not getting back to you quicker, I'd moved on to other things, just come back to Tableau work.  Realised that I was being thick, I had not unticked the max size on the dashboard tab.  All sorted now.  Amazing what time away from a problem can do.