3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2018 6:54 AM by Toby Erkson

Connections?

Sean Ramsdale

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but here it goes....

I'm following my local user group, but why doesn't that show up in the Connections area of my profile?

• 1. Re: Connections?
          Toby Erkson

Actually, that's a good question because I don't know either!   Tableau Community?

• 2. Re: Connections?
            patrick.byrne.0

Hi Sean and Toby,

They do not appear in the connections because the follow of a group is not handle by Jive in the same as following an individual profile. This is due to the idea of following an individual, will allow you to see what they are posting, across multiple places within the Community. Where when following a group/place, you are following all the content posted to that area, this could include posts coming from dozens of different users. The Current design of the Community prevents these two sections from being mixed. But this is something we will take note of for moving forward. 

To see the groups that you are following, please follow the below instructions:

+ Go to > View Profile

+ Select 'More'

+ Select 'Places'

+ On the left hand side should be a menu with a few options, including 'Following', which should display the groups that your are following.

I hope this helps and answers the question.

Cheers,

Byrne, Patrick

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Connections?
              Toby Erkson

Thanks Patrick

Just a FYI:  For those who would like to follow a group, go to its main page and click the Follow button:

1 of 1 people found this helpful