2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2018 4:43 PM by Cheryl Littman

Replacing fields from new data source in an existing worksheet

Cheryl Littman

Using Desktop Professional, I have a single workbook with several worksheets. I created worksheets 1, 2, 3 and 4 from a data source that blends files A, B, and C. But worksheet 4 now needs some additional data that I don't want for worksheets 1, 2, and 3. For workbook #4, I want to blend A, B, and C exactly as they are for the original data source, but I also want to add data D. I first duplicated the ABC data source within the same Tableau workbook, then joined data D to make ABCD which I want to be the source for worksheet 4. On worksheet 4 (which already existed), I see both ABC and ABCD data sources available. I replaced all the fields that had been coming from ABC with the same fields from ABCD before I add the additional fields that come from D. I did this for rows, columns, measures, and filters (everything that was used to build worksheet 4). I would think that data source ABC is no longer in use for worksheet 4 but it shows as if it is still being referenced (a check mark appears next to the ABC data source and also ABCD data source). I can't close ABC because doing so will affect (delete) worksheets 1, 2 and 3 which are connected to data source ABC. How do I "de-activate" data source ABC from worksheet 4 so that only ABCD is active for that worksheet? When I look at the other worksheets (1,2, and 3) only the ABC data source is active (checked) as I would expect. In the screenshot below, ABC is "Course Data" and ABCD is "Course and Term Data." Thank you for any help.