4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2019 2:47 AM by Kateryna Stepanenko

TabJolt error - while parsing results

megumi wano

Hi,

When running Tabjolt, I get following error:

-------------------------------------

ERROR [2018-01-15 05:02:13,602][Thread-2] (JmeterResultFileParser.java:178)   - Unable to parse line "</sample>"

javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException

- with linked exception:

[org.apache.xerces.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 3 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.]

Attached is the result  jtl file.

I surmise this error was caused by the worksheet name using double-byte characters.

What should I do to read this file?  Please tell me, if you have any good idea about configuration change.

(Tableau Server version is 10.4.2, and a test run was successful.)

Thanks for the help.

• 1. Re: TabJolt error - while parsing results

Hello Megumi

TabJolt is available as-is and not supported by Tableau. However, we expect you'll have questions. Please post your questions on the Tableau Server Administration forum with "TabJolt" as the subject.

We're hopeful that many of you will start to build a community around this tool and share what you learn.

----------

Lénaïc RIÉDINGER, Global Community Engineer Tableau

Tableau Community Forums | Knowledge Base

If you see a Helpful or Correct response, please mark it thanks to the buttons below the targeted post!

• 2. Re: TabJolt error - while parsing results
            Kateryna Stepanenko

Hi,

I have the same problem when running Tabjolt with Replay.jmx:

ERROR [2019-03-20 10:00:11,379][Thread-2] com.tableausoftware.test.tools.ResultProcessor.JmeterResultFileParser (JmeterResultFileParser.java:189) - Unable to parse line " </sample>"

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: value too long for type character varying(254)

Where: SQL statement "INSERT INTO test_name (ztest_name, is_parent) values (testName, isParent)"

PL/pgSQL function sp_insert_test_name_id(character varying,boolean) line 6 at SQL statement

ERROR [2019-03-20 10:00:11,440][Thread-2] com.tableausoftware.test.tools.ResultProcessor.JmeterResultFileParser (JmeterResultFileParser.java:189) - Unable to parse line " </sample>"

javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException

- with linked exception:

[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 986; XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.]

Thanks in advance

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: TabJolt error - while parsing results
              Umapathi Mani

hi Kateryna, I have seen this error with Replayer run we can investigate this but unless you see lots of them you can safely ignore, other 'n' number of session data should go to DB.

• 4. Re: TabJolt error - while parsing results
                Kateryna Stepanenko

Hi Umapathi,

In my case, the number of failed sessions are big and I am not able even review result in Tableau Desktop using Tabjolt RUN ID because the data are not parsed. So as result there are no any data displayed in  Tableau Desktop

And what to do if I need to work with some particular sessions but there are failed because of parsing error ?

tabjolt.png

Tableau Desktop screenshot:

tableau_desktop.png

Thank you!