3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2018 9:52 AM by Raquel De Bastiani

Mimic Excel layout

Raquel De Bastiani

Hello!

I am needing help figuring out how I can show this view in Tableau. I can't figure out the best way to lay out this data in order for it to display as I would like. The data is coming from excel to Tableau

In the attachment, the tab Cash View 1, shows the ideal layout. All I would want to add is a filter that shows only the dates for 5 weeks forward and 5 weeks back. For example, today is January 5th so I would see the following view:

If today was March 1st, I would see: (5 weeks back, 5 weeks forward)

The idea is for this report to show "deals" on a weekly basis. Once it is zeroed out, it would remove it from the Tableau View.

If today was April 20th, then Company 1 and 2 rows would be out of the view and Company 4 would be added:

I tried copying the data and flipping it in order for Tableau to read it by date (see Cash Report 2) however, I am wanting the information on the view (i.e. Customer Name, Name Position, Dates, Amt) and the actual payment amounts (the 1,000, 900, 650 numbers) to display in the views. This was a report we had previously, instead of splitting up a payment in 10 weeks, we had it just one time:

Thank you in advance for your help!