2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2018 7:02 AM by Jeremy Coukoulis

Automate license activation and registration

Jeremy Coukoulis

I am attempting to script the deactivation and reactivation of the tableau product key (license).  Currently my deactivation script is working without issue to return the license.  My activation script is working and will assign the proper license, however when I attempt to launch "Manage Product Keys" it is prompting me to register the key.  I have looked at the following KB articles:

Automate Licensing Tasks

Registration Input File Options

and I have built my registry json file, but I'm having trouble figuring out the proper script command to execute the registration.  Currently, my activation script is as follows:

@echo off
      start/wait D:\"Tableau Server"\10.3\bin\tabinstallck.exe -activate *product key*
      if %errorlevel% EQU 536871018 (ECHO TABLEAU_ERROR_LICENSING_ACTIVATION_INVALID_KEY)
      if %errorlevel% EQU 536871012 (ECHO TABLEAU_ERROR_LICENCING_GENERAL)
      if %errorlevel% EQU 536871026 (TABLEAU_ERROR_LICENSING_UNLICENSED_EXPIRED_SUBSCRIPTION)
      if %errorlevel% EQU 0 (ECHO SUCCESS)
      echo %errorlevel%
      start/wait D:\"Tableau Server"\10.3\bin\tabadmin.exe -register --file D:\"Tableau Scripts"\tableauregistry.json

However I am still getting prompted to register the key when I launch "Manage Product Keys"

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong in my script or how to automate the registration of the product key after it is activated?