2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 9:34 AM by Hope Stiles

Fixed : Count Distinct Question

Alexander James Bogart

Hello, quick question with respect to the use of "{Fixed : ".

I've set up a formula to return...

SUM({Fixed User : countd(datepart('hour', datetime))})

I am trying to count distinct hour values per user, and then sum those values and display based on additional criteria (e.g. team). The countd(datepart('hour',datetime)) function is working as intended, but I am looking for a solution that does not include user in the view.

The problem seems to be with how I am using "Fixed", as the return does not match the shorter "countd by user" (with user in the view).

Anything jump out at first glance?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Fixed : Count Distinct Question
          Jim Dehner

Hi

Have you tried changing Fixed to Include

Include will look below the level of the viz to perform the aggregation

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Fixed : Count Distinct Question
            Hope Stiles

Alexander,

When you use fixed it looks at the dimension you have fixed the calc on regardless of dimension or measure filters used in the view.  I'm not sure exactly how you're using the 'additional criteria' you mentioned.  If they are dimensional filters you may want to click the carrot on them and choose "Add to Context".  This will take that filter into account before calculating the CountD.

If that is helpful you might want to check out this link: Mnemonic -Order of operations to see a list of what order things are done in Tableau.

-Hope

1 of 1 people found this helpful