3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 9:55 PM by Lihos G

LOD Expression and Binning of Categorical Value

Lihos G

I am working on replicating excel reports.I am having trouble setting up a particular calculation.

To calculate last 4 columns is where I am having trouble, I have taken below steps:

I have calculated LatestBooksize_RM (this calculates/selects the Latest Outstanding Balance) as shown:

Now using Another Calculated field LatestBooksize_category I am Categorizing LatestBooksize_RM  as shown below:

Now to calculate Percentages of client having Latest BookSize less than 5 Cr, etc...for a particular Regional Manager( RM wise) as shown in the excel Graph which is ratio of

(No of clients having BookSize less than 5 Cr for a Particular RM)/ (Total no. of Clients under RM (1st Column))

I tried many solutions but none of them is leading me to right calculation.

Can Someone help me with this calculation. I have attached my workbook(Sheet7 is where I am trying to calculate this last 4 columns).Thanks!!!

• 1. Re: LOD Expression and Binning of Categorical Value
          Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Lihos

I hope I understand your requirement, below find attached workbook with my solution.

Below is the screenshot of steps and results.

Update: forget to mention, I made changes to % calculation as well

Hope this could help

ZZ

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: LOD Expression and Binning of Categorical Value
            Lihos G

Hey ZZ,

This is exactly what I was looking for, Really appreciate your help thanks. I was thinking, since I have Already used LOD expression in Calculation LatestBooksize_RM, Latest_Booksize_Category_% would not Require using LOD again. I Still need to understand LOD expressions I guess.

I have one more follow up Question.

I am trying to calculate Difference of LatestBooksize_RM and Booksize value selected by Parameter control which is as follows:

User inputs number of days and I have to calculate date difference from Latest date and accordingly calculate Difference in Booksize.

Marked in red is the  same calculation used to calculate LatestBooksize_RM.

I am able to get Difference Date by taking number of days as input in below screenshot.

( variable marked by red arrow is just to test date difference calculation).But I am not able to get the difference in Booksize.I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

• 3. Re: LOD Expression and Binning of Categorical Value
              Lihos G

Update : Now I am able to calculate the Latest Value and the Back Date value correctly based on Parameter input .Subtracting both the Values is also giving correct values.