Hi Jeff, are both machines in the same timezone?, also may be worth looking at what time formats your server has compared to the hosted server.
It appears that the postgres server is set to UTC -
); results in 'UTC'
The local Tableau server is in PST
If the timezone difference is what is causing the difference in results (between extract and live) I'm not sure how to go about getting them a bit more in sync. I realize that the extract will usually be slightly out of sync with the live data due to the very nature of it being updated only every 15 minutes, but since there is a difference of a few hours, it makes me suspect the timezone has something to do with the issue.
We had a similar issue, I had to change our dashboards to use ‘NZDT’ instead of ‘PST’
got to this by going Data/Edit Custom SQL Query
SELECT "historical_events"."created_at" AT TIME ZONE 'NZDT' AS "created_at (PST)",
Not sure if this will be of any help
Hmmm. I'm game to try this but it doesn't make sense why using NZDT would correct for PST. I'll try fiddling around with some custom SQL to see what I can figure out.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
You are right, we are in New Zealand hence NZDT, you may need something more in your timezone
In looking at this further, I think I'm ok with the extract process. I created a calculated field for the date/time and it looks like things are working properly with that. Thanks for your help.
Hi Jeff, I wondered if you managed to solve this.
I have put in the "Initial SQL..." ,for my situation, the following line:
SET timezone = 'Europe/Amsterdam';
This seems to solve my problem, but other suggestions are welcome!