1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 20, 2017 9:08 AM by Shinichiro Murakami

How to Conditionally Color Triple Side-by-Side Columns

Kevin Tsui

Hi.  I originally had these three rows (see screenshot below) combined into one row.  However, I was requested to conditionally format each column based on it's percentage (so irrespective of what value is in the other columns).  For example, I wanted anything below 1.0 (i.e., 100%) to be some shade of red and anything above 1.0 to be some shade of green.  Another layer of complexity to this is that there are 2 other sets (for a total of 3 sets) of this visual based on the Forecast Category filter.  So there is technically a whopping 36 values in the data source, where 12 are displayed at once.  What I noticed is that when I start combining these rows into one row, the "Multiple Fields" in the Marks section on the left-hand side will ultimately turn into one measure, which is not what I want.  I don't want it to be "SUM(Factor)" in the Color mark to affect the "Manager" columns in the visual...  Hope that this makes sense.  So how do I display conditional colors for each of the columns that are placed together in one row?

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 3.24.48 PM.png

Here's a sample of how the data source looks like:

TeamForecast CategoryFactorRep.
      Manager
      Team 1Best Case1.022.331.11
      Team 1Likely2.100.980.75
      Team 1Commit2.332.010.21
      Team 2Best Case0.330.551.22
      Team 2Likely1.221.250.81
      Team 2Commit.........
      Team 3Best Case.........
      Team 3Likely.........