3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2017 5:26 AM by Tushar More

Blended Data LOD Type Calculations

Stephen Bava

After some research, I have learned that using a LOD on blended data isn't possible. It appears that Window calculations are the answer.

However, I am still having issues. In the attached TWBX, I have an example. I am trying to show where my primary data source is missing a match to my secondary data source. I have matches set to read "Review Complete", and non-matches to read "Review Needed". I would like to create a pie chart that shows the comparison between the two. However, the count must be on unique values only. E.G. if there are 40 rows of data for Aaron Bergman, this should count as 1. Take the unique count of "Review Needed" and the unique count of "Review Complete", and turn those into a pie chart base upon total unique count.

Below is a screenshot of what I am trying to get to. Any help is appreciated!

• 1. Re: Blended Data LOD Type Calculations
          Tushar  More

Hi Stephen,

Find my approach based on cross-join and stored in the attached workbook v10.3.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Tushar

• 2. Re: Blended Data LOD Type Calculations
            Stephen Bava

Tushar, thanks for the response!

Couple of things. The actual workbook I am doing this on is very large, and the cross join is slow. Data blending performs significantly faster. Do you by change know how to replicate your above approach using blending rather than a join?

Also, I cannot open your 10.3 workbook since I am still on 10.1 for another week. How did you get the pie chart set up to work like that?

• 3. Re: Blended Data LOD Type Calculations
              Tushar  More

Stephen, I understood your concern. However, I cannot use LOD while blending. So, you don't get the desired result.

This is what I got using blending.Not even closer to your actual requirement.

I am not sure how to do this now using blending. So, I've used cross-data source filtering. Another approach would be, combine these two tables using custom SQL and perform the required analysis.

Now, coming to my solution. Just create the calculated field mentioned in the above post and you will get the pie chart.

Hope this makes some sense.

Regards,

Tushar