This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
Hi, I am new to Tableau. Visited few pages and tried several things before I thought to ask the experts.
Some information -
1) I am using tableau-2.1.2.min.js
2) I have webserver/appserver named - testserver
3) Tableau server - mytabserver
4) View - /views/dios/dio
Current code and behavior -
Through my application UI page in browser if I use http://mytabserver/views/dios/dio - this works - meaning it prompts for user id and password. When correct information provided, it works fine and I see the tableau view on my page.
What I am trying to achieve -
All I want to do is remove the prompt. Meaning, when I access my application UI page, I do not want prompt for user id, password.
I read online on - How Trusted Authentication Works - I thought this will work for me.
So I changed following -
1) Added testserver as trusted server in tableau server
2) My application UI page calls REST service on testserver (which is written in Java) which calls http://mytabserver/trusted with userid to retrieve token - This works fine and I retrieve 2 part token.
3) I send back token to UI which than calls - http://mytabserver/trusted/TOKEN/views/dios/dio - this throws error - could not locate unexpired ticket.
I checked - http://kb.tableau.com/articles/issue/error-could-not-locate-unexpired-trusted-ticket and I don't think there is any proxy in between
Is this how it should be used? Please suggest some pointer on how to achieve the results I am looking for. Any help is greatly appreciated.