1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 11:23 AM by Jim Dehner

Vertical reference line & color change on vertical bar chart

Jana STUPAVSKY

I have a simple population vertical bar chart looking at two counties from 2010 to 2016 (adding more historic data soon). Data comes from Census.

Population from 2011 forward are estimates, 201 and before is all actual. I would like the chart to show years 2011 going forward in slightly "dimmed" (aka a bit transparent orange and grey) colors to reflect estimate vs. actual. I tried to search this topic but somehow I can't get the parameters and calculations set up right. Any help will be much appreciated. 

• 1. Re: Vertical reference line & color change on vertical bar chart
          Jim Dehner

Hi Jana

see the attached

Its a 2 step process - the first is just plain brute force way to break your 4 groups into different colors

The Text color designator could be anything - Next you assign a color to the text

first you place the calculated field you just created on the color tile

The 1 - Edit Color - as a box opens with the 4 "Text Colors" and the default color assignment (they will all be wrong)

2 in the left of each text color - double-click the colored square and a new box opens

3 the advanced color editor should look familiar so pick the color you want and drag it to the squares on left and click OK

repeat for the other 3 colors

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful