3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 7:51 AM by Matt Coles

VizAlerts was unable to process alert Advanced Alerts Tests

drax xie

Hello

I'm doing the step Put VizAlerts Through Its Paces Test of the document Tableau – VizAlerts Installation Guide.

In my mail, I received only one email,and have all errors.

AdvancedVizlertsATestWrong.png

Can you please help?

Thanks.

Drax

• 1. Re: VizAlerts was unable to process alert Advanced Alerts Tests
          Matt Coles

Looks like you haven't configured the VizAlertsConfig workbook correctly. Please see this section of the Install Guide for how to set the parameters appropriately.

• 2. Re: VizAlerts was unable to process alert Advanced Alerts Tests
            drax xie

Yeah , I'm reoperated the Step. It is Solved. I received new problem.

It shows in my email at the following.

The following errors were encountered trying to process your alert:

General errors:

Found non-allowed character(s): {} in filename {} for content reference

Alert was triggered, but unable to process arguments to a content reference with error:

Unable to process alert Advanced Alerts Stress Tests as csv, error: Alert was triggered, but encountered a failure getting data/image references:

Alert was triggered, but unable to process arguments to a content reference with error:

I tried to solve the problem until now.

Drax

• 3. Re: VizAlerts was unable to process alert Advanced Alerts Tests
              Matt Coles

Sounds like you are using some invalid characters for the filename you are assigning in the content reference. This is the code that checks for them:

nonallowedchars = re.findall(u'(?L)[^\w \-._+]', filename)

Try starting with something basic, that is all-alphanumeric. That should definitely work. Then customize from there.