2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2017 3:37 AM by shiva kandukuri

Calendar and Fiscal year selection

shiva kandukuri

Hi All,

Below is my requirement, where 6 charts are integrated in one dashboard and by default it filtered by calendar year. There is a parameter filter / any button to switch to calendar to Fiscal.

So if the filter is changed to Fiscal, the entire dashboard(all the 6 charts) should display values as per Fiscal Calendar.

Note: The Fiscal year is from April to March.

Please let me know how to achieve this dynamically.

• 1. Re: Calendar and Fiscal year selection
          parikshit.shinge

Hi Shiva,

One way would be to make 12 charts, 6 for calendar year, 6 for fiscal year. You can have another date field of which year start would be set to April (you can do this by right clicking on date field -> Default Properties ->  Fiscal Year starting -> choose month) and use this date field in your 6 fiscal year  charts. Then dynamically switch these 2 types charts according to what is selected in parameter.

Regards,

Parikshit

• 2. Re: Calendar and Fiscal year selection
            shiva kandukuri

Hi Parikshit,

The idea is good, but I need to create the entire dashboard again. It will be a re-work for me. And also there are so many (approx 40) charts involved in the dashboard.

Please let me know if there is any other better way to implement this.

Thanks

Shiva