Not sure but find my approach as reference below and stored in attached workbook version 10.3 located in the original thread
1. Year(Order date)
if [year]=2015 then "2015-Jan"
elseif [year]=2016 then "2016-Jan"
elseif [year]=2017 then "2017-Jan"
elseif [year]=2014 then "2014-Jan"
3. Drag required objects to the indicated locations.
year_jan_nalmai_10.3.twbx 1.2 MB
Please follow the steps below to address your requirement -
1. Create a new calculated field Cohort Time
2. Create a parameter on this calculated field
3. Create a new sales calculated field to get data only for the year of the parameter Sales - New
4. Apply a filter to exclude the null values of Sales - New from the viz
5. Create Viz with Cohort Time or Order date in columns and Sum(Sales - New ) in rows.
Attached is the .twbx file.
Cohort Time Sales.twbx 1.2 MB