1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 30, 2017 5:11 AM by lenaic.ridinger

WMS IGN maps (France)

Philippe Verhaeghe

Does anybody know how to use the French IGN wms servers ?

Below the link to the documentation :

Géoservices | Images - WMS

When I try to add this wms, Tableau Desktop throws an error.

• 1. Re: WMS IGN maps (France)

Bonjour Philippe Verhaeghe,

Connecting to third party WMS servers such as GeoServer WMS is not currently supported. However, the following knowledge base article provides some general guidance on configurations that may allow Tableau Desktop to connect to WMS map services provided by GeoServer WMS.

Deploying a WMS for Integration with Tableau: Utiliser les serveurs WMS (Web Map Service)
          The above article contains all of the suggested main steps to deploy an instance of GeoServer WMS for use with Tableau Desktop. It may be that some of these steps were not included in the initial attempt at connecting.

For further assistance in working with GeoServer WMS, please refer to the GeoServer documentation: http://docs.geoserver.org.

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding using WMS connections in Tableau Desktop by responding to this email and I will be happy to follow up with you

----------

Lénaïc RIÉDINGER, Global Community Engineer Tableau

Tableau Community Forums | Knowledge Base

If you see a Helpful or Correct response, please mark it thanks to the buttons below the targeted post!

1 of 1 people found this helpful