1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2017 1:41 PM by Amber Loranger

Getting Error in viewing workbook!

Kingston Peter

Hi All:

I am Server Admin and In my enterprise some users are facing an proxy error in viewing workbook. I have included the error below and please help me what should I do? I found a solution by increasing proxy timeout session will help this. If someone understands this Error "The proxy server received an invalid response..." Loading View | Tableau Software or if you have different solution can you please explain me more clearly so that it would be helpful for me. Thanks.

An unexpected error occurred. If you continue to receive this error please contact your Tableau Server Administrator.

Session ID: 8546C4D015E5470DA97C82660361F15A-1:1

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

<html><head>

<title>502 Proxy Error</title>

</head><body>

<h1>Proxy Error</h1>

<p>The proxy server received an invalid

response from an upstream server.<br />

The proxy server could not handle the request <em><a href="/vizql/t/adhoc/w/ChannelsSub-channels-LIVE/v/AllContribution/bootstrapSession/sessions/8546C4D015E5470DA97C82660361F15A-1:1">POST /vizql/t/adhoc/w/ChannelsSub-channels-LIVE/v/AllContribution/bootstrapSession/sessions/8546C4D015E5470DA97C82660361F15A-1:1</a></em>.<p>

Reason: <strong>Error reading from remote server</strong></p></p>

<hr>

<address>Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at t.ableau.abcd.com Port 80</address>

</body></html>

Would you like to reset the view?

• 1. Re: Getting Error in viewing workbook!
          Amber Loranger

Hello Kingston,

The article you link above is basically saying that the issue is happening because the proxy is timing out before the request can complete. We're not really able to add more instruction on how to configure the proxy, because we don't know what proxy you might have installed, but someone at your organization should be able to help reconfigure it for you. The solution has helped dozens of people who are encountering this same problem, so it is definitely worth a try. Does that help, or was there something specific about the article that wasn't quite working for you? I work on Tableau's knowledge base and am definitely interested in knowing how we could make these articles better.

- Amber