5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2017 7:16 AM by Toby Erkson

moved to top after renamed

anil saini

Hi All,

I have around 20 projects in one of my site on server.

suddenly i got a requirement of renaming some projects name which are on 18th and 19th position from top.

So, when i scrolled down to 18th position and click option->rename and then save. It takes me to top again and it was too frustrating to scroll down again.

Anyone has any idea if there is any way to overcome this issue or this functionality hasn't been introduced .

• 1. Re: moved to top after renamed
          Toby Erkson

Can you please provide some more detail.  I don't understand the problem.

• 2. Re: moved to top after renamed
            anil saini

Hey,

okay let me explain you in detail,

when i logged in my server and select my site

on top i have options of content, user, group, and so on..

under content, there is an option of project, where all of my projects are listed.

so there are 20 projects, now i want to rename the 18th and 19th project.

so i have to scroll down to reach the 18th project and then click on option to go to rename

when I successfully renamed it, and click rename

then the page will take me to the top of the project page, ideally it should stay at the project which i renamed.

so, for renaming 19th one, i again need to scroll it down to the 19th.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: moved to top after renamed
              Toby Erkson

Okay, I understand.

It appears that the frame that the content is in -- in this case the list of Projects -- gets refreshed when such a change is made.  This is a default behavior that cannot be changed.

One thing I do is change the sort order if I have a long list of objects and I need to get to an item near the bottom:

• 4. Re: moved to top after renamed
                anil saini

i think this default feature needs to be changed,

because from UI perspective, it will frustrate user if he wants to change say 5 or 10 or more project names.

• 5. Re: moved to top after renamed
                  Toby Erkson

Agreed, it can be annoying if doing several renames.  However, such an action doesn't happen often so it's more of a minor inconvenience.

If you would like for the development team to at least consider this -- and maybe there are others who would agree with you -- you can create an Idea:

Ideas

Just be sure to provide a good description of what your Idea is about so it's easy to understand for others, especially the Tableau developers.