Thanks for your response. I have tried type id 84 but its not working :-(
I tried TS Events and I'm getting nulls under Historic View and Workbook even If I have data.
That's because not all actions recorded in historical_events, the table that data source is primarily based on, have to do with Views and Workbooks. You can see all the event types by dragging out "Event Name". Some are login/logout, for example, in which case, the information about workbooks or views will be left NULL.
As you said, I filtered with Event Name but what you said is right. Its not recording all the actions in historical_events. Is there any way can we get this missing data?
So, let's be precise on what we're doing here. I filtered Event Name to "Access View". Then I dragged "Historical Item Name" to Rows. There are no NULL values showing. What did you do to create your viz?
The thing with that data source that you have to keep in mind is that some of the fields refer to what was, and some refer to what is. If the view was moved or deleted, the fields that reflect the current situation may have nulls, but the historical ones should still have the data.
I did find a bug in my data source with the Historical Repository URL though, that I need to think about how to fix.
I dragged Historical Item Name , Actor User Name and Event Date (tried with local too) in rows
As advised, Filtered Event Name with Access View but still not seeing any data. I validated against my name as I accessed few views yesterday and today but no luck
No data at all?? That's very strange. Could you confirm that there are no (1) extract filters, (2) data source filters, and (3) sheet filters in play on your viz? If there are none, then if it were me, I'd check to make sure I was pointing to the correct Server repository. If you are, then I'd edit the connection, and navigate to the historical_events table on the list on the left pane, and just make sure it actually has some rows in it.
I have some questions (I know it not supported reporting off the audit tables) - But have found 1 issue on the historical event table where the siteid is not correctly populated so you get the wrong site which I have logged with tableau.
The main issue is the logon time and who accessed a view.
Tableau is not working correctly as we know people have not logged on but Tableau is saying they have.
If there is a extract and that extract refreshes at 7am its saying users have logged on at 3.am which is roughly when the warehouse
has refreshed (which the extract points to)
we think that if you lock your machine and stay logged into Tableau server overnight with the dashboard open on your screen when the DW refreshed (even if there is an extract) the user gets temporary disconnected and logs on again when the warehouse
finishes which is wholly inaccurate.
I dont have the readonly pw and the business wont reset or run the command to see it so I cant use matt reports so I am querying the postres db using the Tableau documentation online which is not bad.
The below is filtered to catch log on's from 11pm to 7am but users are appearing as logon and access a view when the warehouse refreshes at 3am (even though the dashboards are extracts to be run at 7am),.
select * from (
ht.name as "Event_Type",
hb.name AS "WB Name",
he.created_at AS "Logged Time",
WHEN datepart(hh, he.created_at) >=7 and datepart(hh, he.created_at)< 18 THEN 1
END AS "login_normal_work_hrs_between_7am_and_before_6pm",
WHEN datepart(hh, he.created_at) > 18 and datepart(hh, he.created_at)<= 23 THEN 1
END AS "login_between_6pm_and_at 11pm",
WHEN datepart(hh, he.created_at) >= 23 or datepart(hh, he.created_at)< 7 THEN 1
END AS "login_between_11pm_and_before_7am",
when DATEPART(WEEKDAY, he.created_at) = 1 Then 'Monday'
when DATEPART(WEEKDAY, he.created_at) = 2 Then 'Tuesday'
when DATEPART(WEEKDAY, he.created_at) = 3 Then 'Wednesday'
when DATEPART(WEEKDAY, he.created_at) = 4 Then 'Thursday'
when DATEPART(WEEKDAY, he.created_at) = 5 Then 'Friday'
when DATEPART(WEEKDAY, he.created_at) = 6 Then 'Saturday'
when DATEPART(WEEKDAY, he.created_at) = 7 Then 'Sunday'
END AS "Day_Of_Week_Name"
from OPENQUERY(DATABASE_NAME_GOES_HERE,'select * from
left join OPENQUERY(DATABASE_NAME_GOES_HERE,'select * from
historical_event_types')ht on ht.type_id=he.historical_event_type_id
where d.login_between_11pm_and_before_7am = 1
and d.Day_Of_Week_Name in ('Saturday','Sunday')
order by [Logged Time] desc