2 of 2 people found this helpful
Hi Rahul Kumar,
Tableau Server has a 5 characters minimum requirement on domain names.
I would advise you to consider one of the following options:
- Configure a fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
- Modify the single-label domain to have 5 characters or more
- Configure Tableau Sever to use local authentication rather than Active Directory.
Let me know if it helps
Lénaïc RIÉDINGER, Global Community Engineer Tableau
If you see a Helpful or Correct response, please mark it thanks to the buttons below the targeted post!
Here are a few suggestions in addition to what Lenaic suggested.
1. If the AD server is in the same domain, then you shouldn't need to specify the domain name. Just try and enter the existing AD user along with the corresponding password.
2. If not in the same domain, try a back slash instead of a forward slash.