4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2017 12:07 AM by ankit.narula

Filters

DIVYA TIKKISETTI

Hello all,

I need a help regarding the filters in Tableau. 

I have a parameter (which included years like 2014, 2015,2016..) and a filter for weeks(1 to 52).

The requirement is ,  I  need to select a year (2017 for example) and week (1 to 10) , later when I change the year to any other year , the week selector filter selection should reinitialise to the default values ( 1 to 52). It should no more be selected as 1 to 10 after changing the year filter.

Hope this seems understandable

Please let me know if any more details are required.

Regards

Divya

• 1. Re: Filters
          Sriram Bharat

Hi Divya,

PFA.

Hope this helps.

Sriram

• 2. Re: Filters
            DIVYA TIKKISETTI

Hi Bharat,

Thanks for the response

I tried understanding the workbook you provided and could not see the expected output. May be I am going wrong.

Here we selected 2016 and week 1,2 3. My expectation is , later on selecting 2017 or any other year , the week filter should automatically set to default all weeks( 1 to 52) instead of showing data for weeks 1,2,3 only 

Please correct me if I am going wrong.

Regards

Divya

• 3. Re: Filters
              Sriram Bharat

Hi Divya,

Sorry for the late response.

As far as i know, you should manually clear the filter (the icon of which will appear when you hover on the filter card) every time if you wish to see the data for all weeks if you change the selected year.

There is nothing like a "Clear" command/function which would clear the filter automatically when you change the year in the parameters.

Regards,

Sriram

• 4. Re: Filters
                ankit.narula

Hi,

There is some manual intervention required in terms of resetting a filter.

You can create a reset button which will reset your week filter or any other filter on Dashboard to 'All' however it will not change the Parameter value.

So every time you change the year(Parameter) you have to click reset for resetting the week(Filter) to 'All'

Thanks