3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2017 6:03 AM by Sasha Hanna

Trend Lines Greyed Out on action from other sheet

Pratik Kulkarni

My Dashboard Overview:

1) 4 Separate Trend charts

2) Highlight action - When the user selects a point on any of the trend line, all the other corresponding trend points are selected and the values are displayed for the selected point/points.

Problem:

After the selection of point/points on any of the trend, only that portion is highlighted in the other trend charts and the rest of the line is greyed out.

When the user wants to get the PDF out of it, the lines seemed greyed out.

Expectation:

The lines should not be greyed out under any circumstances. And the user only wants to see the values on the trends when he selects them on either of them.

I am currently on Tableau 9.3 version and cannot find solution over it. Please let me know if this is possible in Tableau in this or any further versions.

• 1. Re: Trend Lines Greyed Out on action from other sheet

Hello Pratik Kulkarni,

It might come from the data, are you using a Date instead of a year, regardless of the field format?

I'm curious, try creating a new date field, using the year field in your original data and another field representing the first or last day of the year.

Let me know about your change

----------

Lénaïc RIÉDINGER, Global Community Engineer Tableau

Tableau Community Forums | Knowledge Base

If you see a Helpful or Correct response, please mark it thanks to the buttons below the targeted post!

• 2. Re: Trend Lines Greyed Out on action from other sheet
            Pratik Kulkarni

Hi Lénaïc Riédinger,

Thank you for replying.

I am using a date aggregate as my x-axis based on the parameter for the weekly, monthly or quarterly view for all the trends.

I did not get the part of creating the new date though. Let me explain the problem in another way:

When a user clicks on a point or selects multiple points on a trend, I've set an highlight action for all the other trends to show the same corresponding points in them.

The trend where he selects is fine and is not greyed out. But in all the other trends, only the points and line that are highlighted are properly displayed and the rest of the line is greyed out.

Eg. If the trend shows from January to May (monthly aggregate) and user multi-selects January to March points in one of the trend lines, all the other trend lines highlight the January to March line with labels - Perfect. But the line for April to May is greyed out in all other trends since that is not a part of highlight.

• 3. Re: Trend Lines Greyed Out on action from other sheet
              Sasha Hanna

Hi Pratik,

Could you please provide a screenshot or a diagram to help diagnose the issue. To make highlights specific make sure you are selecting the fields you want to use, as opposed to leaving the default "al" mode:

Cheers,

Alexandra