3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2017 5:16 AM by John Croft

How to join 9 tables or data blending?

nancy.yang

I'm still doing my project as mentioned before. I've done one part which I think is successful with the help of some nice, smart people here. I run into other problems now. I need to use 9 tables data for this project.

1. I have 9 tables in the same database: ICA

Table Names:

ICA.its_pymt_prsn_signup_detail

ICA.its_pymt_prsn_purch_detail

ICA.its_pymt_prsn_auth_detail

ICA.its_pymt_signup_daily_aggr

ICA.its_pymt_purch_daily_aggr

ICA.its_pymt_auth_daily_aggr

ICA.its_pymt_signup_till_dt_aggr

ICA.its_pymt_purch_till_dt_aggr

ICA.its_pymt_auth_till_dt_aggr

2. Each table should be joined with the reference table: its_store_front_ref by the front_store_id to get the Geo Cd in reference table like the one I already did for one table?

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 10.54.08 AM.png

3. I want to put those tables in the same workbook. How to join them?

4. My project should be like that below:

each part of the view should be one table which is joined with the its_store_front_ref table.

Please help! Thank you very much!

Best Regards

Nancy

• 1. Re: How to join 9 tables or data blending?
          John Croft

3 options:

1) bring in 9 separate data sources (main table joined to reference table). Build a bar chart with summary for each source on 9 separate sheets. Build a dashboard that stacks the sheets 3x3 style. You can probably use an arbitrary date and "apply to all related data sources" so the dashboard components update together.

2) bring in 9 separate data source and blend on a common data field.  Attempt to build on a single sheet. Sounds like it may get cramped.

3) Try to union the 9 tables together. Without seeing the data snapshots, I'm not sure if this is a good option. You'll need same number of column (and in same order) for each table. You can explore joining in reference tables post union.

• 2. Re: How to join 9 tables or data blending?
            nancy.yang

Hi John

Thank you for your idea. Really appreciate your help!

Your first one and third ideas sound very creative. At present, I'm trying to do your Second one. First, I join one table with he reference table, and I use it as my primary table, the I data blend other tables one by one with the primary table. Yes, it really looks very cramped. I'm very interested in your first and third one. I attached my workbooks by adding some tables data there. Please  help!  Thank you very much!

Regards

Nancy

P.S I'm trying to find where I can attach my update workbook here by replying to you.?

• 3. Re: How to join 9 tables or data blending?
              John Croft

You'll need to be responding from the discussion forum to attach something.