I copied the .json template from the install instructions page. It contained tab characters. I edited the file in text editor to remove the tab characters. Re-ran through JSON lint. Retried tsm settings import -f identity_store.json command. Received same message. Still an open problem.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Thanks for sharing your updates. It looks like you also sent along this issue to our beta team who is reaching out.
I changed the permissions on the identity store JSON file to 0600 and re-tried to import it. The same message was returned. So, right now at least, doesn't look like permissions matter.
We reviewed our internal log files for attempts to connect to our LDAP server. This showed that the FQDN was not correct. In the template file that I used, the hostname contained the FQDN. When trying to connect to the LDAP server, it was looking for the concatenation of the value for key "hostname" and the value for key "domain."
I updated the key value in the .json for the "host" key, and then was able to import the settings.