4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2017 1:56 PM by Phillip Burger

Unable to map JSON in configuration file message during Linux identity store import

Phillip Burger

I'm blocked at this step while trying to bring up Tableau Server LInux:

[user@hostname ~]$ tsm settings import -f identity_store.json

Unable to map JSON in configuration file.

user@hostname ~]$

I ran the identity_store.json file through JSON lint to make sure it is well formatted.

Here is the log:

2017-09-15 17:52:11{GMT} main : ERROR com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.Tabadmin - Unable to map JSON in configuration file.

com.tableausoftware.commandline.commons.ReportableException: Unable to map JSON in configuration file.

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.commands.settings.Import.doExecute(Import.java:81)

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.commands.TabadminCommand.executeLeaf(TabadminCommand.java:169)

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.commands.TabadminCommand.execute(TabadminCommand.java:120)

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.commands.TabadminCommand.execute(TabadminCommand.java:115)

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.commands.TabadminCommand.execute(TabadminCommand.java:85)

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.Tabadmin.run(Tabadmin.java:235)

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.Tabadmin.main(Tabadmin.java:77)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.springframework.boot.loader.MainMethodRunner.run(MainMethodRunner.java:48)

at org.springframework.boot.loader.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:87)

at org.springframework.boot.loader.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:50)

at org.springframework.boot.loader.JarLauncher.main(JarLauncher.java:58)

I've been able to repeat the error several times.

Searching the forum brings up questions about the mapping features of Tableau.

Linux OS is CentOS 7.x.

Identity store is OpenLDAP - Simple Bind. I started with the template on identityStore Entity and edited it with content for my site.

Input and ideas on how to move past this are appreciated.