1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2017 4:40 AM by lenaic.ridinger

Tableau Server Down and Up Again

jyoti thakar

I got an email Tableau Server Down

this email notification was based out of a script that runs and checks tabadmin status-  it runs every 15 mins.via task sccheduler

but when i logged in and checked, the server was up and running fine

So how do i go about finding an RCA on this?  any specific log file to check to see if it actually went down and up again?

• 1. Re: Tableau Server Down and Up Again

Hi jyoti thakar,

If you installed Tableau Server in the default location, the log directory is C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\logs. The ProgramData folder is hidden unless you explicitly make it visible.

The following log files track activities related to the web application, database, and index:

C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc

If you have installed Tableau Server to a non-default location (for example, on a drive other than the system drive), then the logs directory is located at <installation path or drive>\Tableau\Tableau Server\logs. For more information, see Installation directory.

As well, you can find more information about the Logs archives File Locations: Server Log File Locations

Let me know if you need some more guidance

----------

Lénaïc RIÉDINGER, Global Community Engineer Tableau

Tableau Community Forums | Knowledge Base

If you see a Helpful or Correct response, please mark it thanks to the buttons below the targeted post!

1 of 1 people found this helpful