Not sure but find my approach as reference below and stored in attached workbook version 10.2 located in the original thread
1. delta: year([date])-year([point])
2. Date count: if [delta]>=16 and [delta]<=18 then "count" else "do not count" end
3. Status count: if [status]="Eligible" or [status]="Not eligible" then "count" else "do not count" END
4. End count: if [Date count]=[Status Counter] then 1 else 0 END
count status_nalmai.twbx 59.8 KB
1 of 1 people found this helpful
An alternative approach is to:
- convert age to a dimension
- create a set for age 16, 17 or 18
- create a set for 'Eligible' or 'Not eligible'
- create a calculated field like:
count(if [Age Set 16, 17, 18] and [eligibility set] then [any field present on every row without nulls] END)
[any field present on every row without nulls] might be something like [member id]
hope that helps.
check this thread for more on simulated "IN" https://community.tableau.com/ideas/1500
This works perfectly with the data I have - Thank you!