2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2017 4:15 PM by Jeff Johnson

Error publishing data source to server

Jeff Johnson

I'm having an odd issue publishing a data source to the Tableau server.

• [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] Syntax error, expected something like a 'SELECT' keyword or a 'TRANSACTIONTIME' keyword or a 'VALIDTIME' keyword or a 'NONTEMPO Unable to connect to the server "teraprd2.ca.boeing.com". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.
      • class DOMException
      • Unable to connect to the server "eaas-tableau-preproduction.web.boeing.com". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.
      • Error: Unable to connect to this Tableau Server data source.

A couple of things to consider:

1) This particular data source uses "Initial SQL" which creates a volatile table that is built using Common Table Expressions (CTE's). Then the Custom SQL Query just does select * from that table. This works fine on my local copy. I can also create a different data source with a very simple CTE and publish it fine. This makes me think there's something specific to this workbook's initial SQL even though, like I said, it works fine on my local copy.

2) I can also publish a traditional data source which doesn't require initial SQL fine.

Thank you.