4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2017 10:40 PM by Zeenat Goyal

How ACTIONS could be applied in specific case.

Zeenat Goyal

Hello All,

I have a specific case where I am not getting how I can apply the actions to traverse from bar chart to table. e.g. bar shows count 2 but when clicked on it, shows complete data in the tabular dashboard. how only respective 2 rows be shown. could you please help. This is in version 10.3

I have tried adding the unique column equipment number to the bar but then bar gets distorted when clicked on the bar it should count as 1 -1 for each equipment number and not as a total in the tooltip.

could you please help. This is in version 10.3

• 1. Re: How ACTIONS could be applied in specific case.
          khadeer.shaik.0

Hi Zeenat,

As per my understanding,

1) First check where you want to restrict the Data,

when you working with Actions Take care about Filter Particular fields(For special or required fields) or All fields( which is at bottom of Actions Wizard)

2) If you don't want to show all fields just remove from dashboard and hide unwanted fields it in data pane.

Hope this will help you or else ignore if not.

Thanks,

Khadeer

• 2. Re: How ACTIONS could be applied in specific case.
            Zeenat Goyal

Khadeer, thanks for taking out time and replying & letting me know how action needs to be applied.

But I have clearly mentioned in my description above that if the bar count is 2, respective 2 rows should be seen in the tabular report, this needs to be the final output and I am not getting how to achieve this, doesn't matter with ALL fields or specific fields. Do you think u can help?

• 3. Re: How ACTIONS could be applied in specific case.
              John Sobczak

The real issue is you are not filtering on any dimension values (ie. row values) because there are no dimensions in the sheet, only measures (columns).   Filtering works just like in Excel, you tell what row values to filter in/out.   In your dashboard when you select a bar, it is just one measure or column, but that column still represent every record or row of data (having either 0 or 1).  One way around this is to create one dimension that has a single value for each record but in your case that cannot be done because there are overlapping values - for example those that are due < 21 days also include those that are due < 14 days and < 7 days.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How ACTIONS could be applied in specific case.
                Zeenat Goyal

Yes, John thanks for understanding my problem and replying. I am aware that it is not possible but was looking for a workaround if possible, single formulae is not an option in the current scenario.

Thanks for your time.