5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 11:36 AM by Tom W

juxtapose histograms

Alex Martino

Is there a way to juxtopose two histograms with same (or similar) x/y axis on top of each other?

• 2. Re: juxtapose histograms
          Alex Martino

Thanks Tom. I'll check that out. Here is a little more info. First off what is this histogram doing haha. I just used the show me function.

I would like to show this same set up for a different month and create sort of a stacked bar chart. It would be like a dual axis but I don't know how to do that when using a different month for the second graph.

Workbook attached.

• 3. Re: juxtapose histograms
            Tom W

The histogram is showing Quantity split into bins, as per the 'Quantity (bin)' configuration. It's showing the COUNT of the individual quantities that fit into that bucket.

I would like to show this same set up for a different month and create sort of a stacked bar chart.

Right now it's setup with a quick filter for all months. I don't know what you mean when you say "different month"

I really have no idea what you're actually trying to achieve. Please prepare a better sample and a better explanation of what you're trying to achieve.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 4. Re: juxtapose histograms
              Alex Martino

Hi Tom. I mean that if you hit the filter it shows the histogram of a different month but the same information. However, that's not really great for comparison purposes, which is why I asked if you can juxtapose histograms from two seperate months on top of each other, kind of like a stacked bar chart, or even a side by side comparison would work. Each bin would have a month associated. Does that make better sense?

• 5. Re: juxtapose histograms
                Tom W

Have you tried placing the month on the row shelf?

Or just move the month onto the color button on the marks card?