3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2017 5:40 AM by Donna Coles

Font for Tableau Dashboard

Vinayan R

I have installed a new font on the system running tableau server. But, when I access the server from browser from any machine, it shows only the default font, it does not show the font that I have installed on the system. Please let me know if I am missing any step.

Details:

Tableau Server: v10.2

Font: FS Emeric

Browser: IE 11, Firefox 52.0

Thanks,

Vinayan

• 1. Re: Font for Tableau Dashboard
          Donna Coles

Hi Vinayan

This isn't something I've ever had to do, but after a quick search I found this article Use Custom Fonts  that may have some pointers for you, specifically the comment about the font needing to be 'web safe' in all browsers.

Apologies if you've already seen this.

From what I understand, you'll only see the custom font if a workbook/dashboard has been built that also uses the font.  If you're just expecting everything to start using a font you've installed on the server 'automatically' then I don't think this is possible.

Regards

Donna

• 2. Re: Font for Tableau Dashboard
            Vinayan R

Thanks Donna,

I have built my dashboard using the default font and then published it to server. Also, set vizqlserver.browser.render to false

in tabadmin so that always server-side rendering occurs. But, still I am not getting consistent font on each pc when viewing

from the browser.

Are there any configurations that I need to update.

Also, my colors look different on different pc's, is there a reason behind this. Can it be resolved?

Thanks,

Vinayan

• 3. Re: Font for Tableau Dashboard
              Donna Coles

Hi Vinayan

Sorry, but I don't know anything more than I suggested regarding the fonts, so you may need to reach out to Tableau Support to get more of an answer.

Regarding colours, assuming the colours aren't completely different hues, then it's possibly the graphics cards on the individual PCs that may be making them look different or the settings of the display monitor....

Donna