Checking new tables for data_alerts and data_alerts_recipients and overall functionality of Data Driven Alerts in TS v 10.3.1.
I have 3 alerts - one is one time alert and two frequent alerts (as frequently as possible)
- How to Join data_alerts table and background_jobs? Tried via schedules - but somehow schedule_id in null for all of my 3 alerts. Any other field to join? ANSWERED - args field has data_alert id! Matt Coles
- Why is Last Triggered field empty? I'm receiving updates every hour. Last Sent from data_alerts_recipients is populated correctly and = Updated At from data_alerts
- Why does TS send notifications every hour? I thought it will send based on TS config - dataAlerts.checkIntervalInMinutes=15 min by default. Somehow it has 60 as default value in workgroup.yml (upgraded from 10.0.6). Which value do you have in your config by default?
- Is [Notification Interval In Minutes]=dataAlerts.checkIntervalInMinutes? If such why is it 0 for frequent alerts and 2,147,483,647 for One time alert. If not - how can we control it?
- Why does TS still checking conditions for One Time alert? I think it should quit from the queue of checking once we received it. One think here - it is still in the list because someone can change the frequency to 1 hour for example. Am I right?
If you change the Alert that should be done for One time (in my case I was changing just the name of it) - Tabelau Server will re-check and resend it to subscriber.
- Creation and changes for Alerts will go via non-backgrounder workers - All Alerts will be executed on backgrounder node.
- What is avg consumption for CPU/MEM for heavy checks? I can see Priority is 10 for Alerts and Job Duration is around 3min. I have just one worksheet with plain line and sum(Number of Records) as axis. What will happened with production heavy reports? If someone can share any prod numbers that would be great.
- What is exactly happening when Alert check is processing? Does TS opens that workbook xml to find the answer for that axis? Or is it doing extra computations? Did anyone go via logs?
Would love to hear any comments on that topic!