2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2017 10:50 AM by Brendan Lee

Error on incremental refresh: No such function isnull that takes arguments of type (datetime).

Marco Suess

Hello Tableau Community!

I am developing a WDC (GitHub - meltwater/tableau-web-data-connector: Meltwater Web Data Connector for Tableau). I'm implementing incremental refresh and the increment column id is a datetime column. The refresh works fine in the simulator in Chrome, but when I try it in Tableau Desktop I get the following error:

• No such function isnull that takes arguments of type (datetime).
      • Unable to create extract

Unfortunately, the Tableau WDC Debugger crashes when I try this so I am unable to obtain further details on the error.

Do you guys have any experience with this error?

• 1. Re: Error on incremental refresh: No such function isnull that takes arguments of type (datetime).
          Patrick  Van Der Hyde

Marco,

Thank you for briging the issue to our attention.  I am checking into this with some of the team members at Tableau to determine if they have any tips to share. 

Patrick 

• 2. Re: Error on incremental refresh: No such function isnull that takes arguments of type (datetime).
            Brendan Lee

Hey Marco,

My best guess is that the problem has to do with some incompatibilities between the browser Tableau uses (QT WebKit), and a modern web browser that you are using to run the simulator (chrome for example).

Hard to say from that error message though.  When you say the debugger crashes, when does that happen? It is actually expected to "crash".  By that I mean, the window should become unresponsive (and Windows may prompt you to close the window), while you are performing operations in Tableau.  This is because the debugger only attaches to a background process when the getData phase is running.  So it'll be active when your connector is returning the schema, become inactive while users are creating tables/joins in Tableau, and then activate again when your connector is performing the data fetch.

You can also take a look at the logs to see if there is more info.

If the above doesn't help, I'd be happy to help troubleshoot if you want to get in contact with me offline with a test sandbox api key (bllee@tableau.com).

Thanks,

Brendan